[OSM-talk] mapping grass

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:42:22 BST 2008

I thought I had seen landuse=grass in mapping features, maybe not.
I use it for areas of grass between roads, usually where you'd expect there
to be 5+ houses in residential areas.

For specifics of a golf course it would be best to use something very
different and clear, like the proposal Stephen linked to.

2008/8/1 Stephen Gower <socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li>

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 02:37:19PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been facing problems mapping grass. The only mention of grass
> > in map features is village_green. My Josm also shows landuse=grass,
> > but this is not on the map features page. [...]
> > I feel all these can be brought under one scheme - but not sure how
> > to do it. Suggestions?
>
> There's a proposal for Golf Course grass at
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Golf_course#Grass__.28areas.29
>
> For the cricket pitch, sport=cricket would seem obvious, otherwise the
> proposed landuse=grass is already rendered by osmarender
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Misc._urban_open_space
> and you could add a further tag grass=mown/wild/whatever if you really
> wanted to differentiate.

Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com