[OSM-talk] Australia has Google Street View!

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 5 10:56:08 BST 2008

Stephen,

Stephen Gower wrote:
> That argument surely applies to aerial images also, and yet consensus is
> that getting facts from them would create a derived work incompatible with
> our licence.

Just for the record: The issue is highly contended and it would be wrong
to speak of consensus. If there's any consensus then it is that "when in
doubt we prefer to be careful" and so we don't copy from aerial images -
even though many of us believe that it would be perfectly legal to do so.

Bye
Frederik