[OSM-talk] superways as relations ?

vegard vegard at engen.priv.no
Wed Aug 6 10:35:46 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:20:32AM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:

> This leads me to another thought: How do editors handle cases where a
> way is member of a relation and you split it? Would make sense to add
> both parts to the relation imho. Does somebody know how editors handle
> that currently?

Well, yes and no.

One type of relation is for example turn restrictions. It can have
exactly two ways, I guess, one from and one to-way. And regardless, it
doesn't make much sense having a turn-restriction between two ways that
don't connect :)

I guess there are a lot of cases where it's not necessarily true.
Someone who knows the implementation will have to tell how it's handled
today, though.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.