[OSM-talk] Isle of Man coastline issue

Donald Allwright donald_allwright at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 22:28:41 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>

>> 2008/8/7 Dan Karran <dan at karran.net>:
>>

>>> Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this tile to
>>> render as an all-land tile? I had tried in the past few days to
>>> render
>>> this as a mixed tile (through the informationfreeway.org interface
>>> but
>>> it didn't seem to have helped... and I've just tried again now to
>>> make
>>> sure).
>>>
>> I don't think this is just you - the same thing is happening in the
>> west of Ireland on the coastline near Galway city:
>>

> There was a bug in close-areas.pl which I have just commited a fix
> for, the Galway coastline looks ok now (not uplaoded new tiles but
> checked locally), maybe anyone else seeing a coastline problem and
> who has t at h installed could check whether it's ok now but I believe
> it should.
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
>Yes, it does! :) I rendered the tile from post #1 :
>http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=54.08897692699451&lon=-4.631828812318744&zoom=12&layers=B000F000F

<Also cross-posted to talk-pe at openstreetmap.org>

I was hoping that this might have resolved the problems I've been seeing with the rendering in Lake Titicaca, but alas it seems not. This is a huge lake with a large number of islands (mainly small but a few larger ones). Although the entirety of the perimeter seems to be OK, there are a few tiles that are rendered inverted. See the following:

<http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-16.3063&lon=-68.8319&zoom=12&layers=0B0FTF>
<http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-16.0828&lon=-69.1986&zoom=12&layers=0B0FTF>
<http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-15.7414&lon=-69.6233&zoom=12&layers=0B0FTF>
<http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-15.6237&lon=-69.3916&zoom=12&layers=0B0FTF>

I've checked and double-checked that all the islands are complete polygons and go anti-clockwise and can't find an error in the dataset.

However Burgh Island (off the south Devon coast, England) has reappeared, thankfully!

Any ideas?

Donald