[OSM-talk] audio recording while logging

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Aug 18 11:18:29 BST 2008

On 18/08/2008 10:57, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> - Nokia N810 or similar (like a small laptop, can record and take tracks
>> at the same time)
>
> is there already an application for the N810 which can set waypoints with
> voice annotations?

Yes and no.

Maemo Mapper does do this, but setting waypoints is rather tedious
(several menu presses and typing).

But I have modified it so that (optionally) when in the mode which
follows a track a stab anywhere on the screen will add an automatically
numbered point which JOSM understands and can sync with audio. I can
make the binary available, but I haven't persuaded the authors to
include this in the trunk release.

You can also use the Maemo Recorder application simultaneously for
continuous recording. I use a cheap bluetooth headset with it, with a
bit of sponge over it to reduce wind noise, and that's very effective.

David