[OSM-talk] Mailing Lists for MOM development

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:39:30 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM,  <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de> wrote:
> will you please use one of the nice openstreetmap.org or openstreetmap.de
> or openstreetmap.whatever mailing list services instead of
> some big-brother google mailing list service.
>
> . o O (§$&*Argg, how can someone even type such a recommendation
> while answering on a OSM mailing list... )

Heh, I forgot about those, you do realize though that even if the
mailing list are not hosted on google, as long as they are public
Google will index them and collect all the data they can as the "Big
Brother" they are. When it comes to public web service there is no way
to avoid the Google (unless you use the robot.txt but that doesn't fly
with mailing lists).

Cheers,

Pat