[OSM-talk] Listing all contributors to an area

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Tue Aug 19 22:06:22 BST 2008

> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:11:56 +0200
> From: "Erik Johansson" <erjohan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Listing all contributors to an area
> To: "Talk Openstreetmap" <talk at openstreetmap.org>
>
> > If you're looking for a list of contributors in a certain area, the
> > OSM Mapper[1] tool may help you out.
> >
> > [1] http://www.itoworld.com/static/osmmapper
> >

> Thanks! That tool is very useful even beyond my purposes, very nice
> way to view the "recent changes"  as on Wikipedia.

I am glad you like it (we wrote it); however do note that it only details
the last person to touch each way, not all the historical editors who may
have contributed to the current map. For the purpose of attribution I
suggest people stick with the conventional general attribution to
'openstreetmap and contributors'. It is however very useful to see who is
active in an area and where they are working and when.

Btw, we have had a problem downstream with the data feed to our service last
night and as a result we have been running with data 24 hours out-of-date
today. We are assured that this problem was temporary and that a normal
service will be available from tomorrow am.

Regards,

Peter Miller
Ito World Ltd