[OSM-talk] Phone numbers in OSM

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Aug 20 18:18:44 BST 2008

> I hate to be the one to disagree, but (obviously) I think that there
> should be the ability to add phone numbers to the database and transfer
> these to PIO on a GPS map.

Just thinking further on this. The original request was that mkgmap
supported the 'phone' tag. This doesn't necessarily mean that the phone
number _has_ to be included in the OSM database. The '.osm' file can be
pre-processed before rendering '.img' file.

I am imagining that I'll also be building a contour '.osm' file for the
respective area and merging that with the real file '.osm'. So adding more
PIO information would not be a huge headache, but it would be nicer to
have them in the database....

Cheers,
Simon