[OSM-talk] What Can Be Done With It?

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:11:07 BST 2008

I think the big links on the wiki homepage could be rethought. "Beginner,
Map Making(meaning surveying?), Developer, Press".
Well no longer is everyone wanting to be a surveyour or otherwise a
developer. There are some people who want to make maps from the data or just
want to use cool stuff but either way don't do developer stuff.

2008/8/24 Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net>

> At SOTM, we were discussing how to show people that OSM isn't just
> Google Maps with patchy coverage. ( :-P ) One idea was a page about all
> of the cool things you can do with OSM data that you can't do with other
> mapping sites' data.
>
> Here is a very small skeleton:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/What_Can_Be_Done_With_It
>
> If people could add other ideas, that would be great. When we have a
> good "gallery" (note: not everything will be able to make it in) then
> I'll flesh out each idea with a writeup and screenshots.
>
> Gerv

Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com