[OSM-talk] mkcntr2.pl: perl hackers wanted to fix contours....

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Aug 25 11:28:00 BST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:53:23 -0400 (EDT)
simon at mungewell.org wrote:
[...]
> I'd love to make the changes myself, but perl is about as foreign a
> language as could be. My suggestion is that a couple of extra parameters
> are add to mark 'elevation_medium' and 'elevation_major' contours.
>
> For example:
> mkcntr2.pl extract.txt 10 50 100 > contours.osm
> would produce minor contours at 10m separations, medium at multiples of
> 50m and major at multiples of 100m.
[...]

OK, had a look at the requirements, and the Perl script,
so this looks like it ought to be easy to do. I have made
an example extract.txt file using the directions in
applications/utils/import/srtm2osm. As I am new to OSM, and
the tagging mechanism used, can you send me off-list a short
example of what contours.osm should look like?

Regards,
Gora