[OSM-talk] Recommended GPS for logs for OSM *and* for vehicle - is there such a beast?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Aug 27 10:10:39 BST 2008

I'm after a GPS system which I can use to provide data for OSM maps
and as a 'normal' GPS system to tell me where to go when I'm on my
motorbike.  Is there anything which can provide both facilities or
should I give up and buy two separate devices?

It's doubtful (to me) if on-screen maps are much use, too distracting,
so a system which can provide voice instructions via bluetooth (or
whatever) would seem to be best for the 'bike.

A receiver which can link up with a PDA might make sense as I need a
new PDA anyway.

So, rather an open-ended question but I'd appreciate any/all input.

--
Chris Green