[OSM-talk] Recommended GPS for logs for OSM *and* for vehicle - is there such a beast?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Aug 27 10:51:15 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:40:31AM +0100, David Earl wrote:
> On 27/08/2008 10:23, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > have a look at the Nokia N810. Not a cheap solution, as you'll need an
> > external GPS BT mouse (the internal chip does not the best job)
>
> I rand my N810 in parallel with my Garmin Geko 201 and they both
> produced comparable results. I'm quite happy with the built-in GPS.

The N810 is growing on me as a way to get what I want.  My desktop
computer at home is Linux based so that's a "good thing" for me. It
would seem to be compact enough for my sort of usage, when on the
motorbike the N810 can sit in the top box and talk to me via bluetooth.

It would also work well as a PDA as I'd be able to transfer files
direct to and from my desktop machine with no conversion hassles.
(My PDA requirements are pretty minimal, just an address list and
simple appointments calendar is all I need).

Do the navigation add-ons for the N810 do bluetooth voice directions?

--
Chris Green