[OSM-talk] 'Offset path' distances

Wed Aug 27 10:53:40 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Can you perhaps also find a way to encode this information - either by
> way of a relation grouping both ways, or a special tag or whatever - so
> that if the "master" way is changed later, the parallel way can be
> changed accordingly? Or would that then be too much magic?

I could certainly put a tag to indicate the source: "source=Offset
from way 1123123 by 20m" or something like that. Bit wary of
automagically adjusting it in tandem, at least for now, because I'd
anticipate that the offset way will be significantly edited after
offsetting - to create junctions etc.

cheers
Richard