[OSM-talk] Left and Right - a proposal

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Sun Aug 31 02:25:20 BST 2008

On Sunday 31 August 2008 09:15:37 Frederik Ramm wrote:
> We will then still need a relation that combines the road
> area and the bus stop area, saying: "These are not independent of each
> other; they are meant to be adjacent, and dear editor, if you move one,
> please move the other as well".

Excellent point, which is why mere proximity is not meaningful enough on its
own (and should rightly be portrayed geospatially only). A relation is what's
needed. Maybe we can work on making the interface easier for tools - I will
need to look further into what exactly the problems are before I can say more
on this.