[OSM-talk] State of the Map 2009 - Update

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:46:44 GMT 2008

Hello,

Here's a quick update on the planning of the State of the Map 2009:

Proposals: We've received 3 proposals to host the conference in 2009 from
Gran Canaria, Amsterdam and Trento (Italy)

Working Group: Following last week's board meeting we established a working
group to deal with the State of the Map 2009 organisation.  The working
group consists of Nick Black (Chair) - nick at osmfoundation.org, Mike
Collinson - michael at osmfoundation.org, Steve Coast -
stevec at osmfoundation.org, Richard Waeit - richard at weait.com, Andy Robinson
andy at osmfoundation.org. Etienne (treasurer at openstreetmap.org) will be
looking after the finances from the OSM Foundation's stand point.  I will
get in touch with other volunteers once the organisation process propper
gets under-way.  The SOTM Working Group's role will be to coordinate and
assist the organisation efforts of the local group.

Timeline: Unfortunately we will not be announcing the host candidate today,
as per the schedule.  A decision will be made by the working group by the
15th December.  The SOTM09 working group will be meeting to discuss the
proposals over the next two weeks, so you'll be able to book your flights
before christmas.

Thanks,

--
Nick Black