[OSM-talk] can your yournavigation support inter-island routing

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:34:22 GMT 2008

Hi Bernt,

The default parameters for gosmore is that a ferry travels at 3 km/h
and there is currently no way to override the parameters for specific
object (It's not yet perfect !). The 3km/h allows for the time it will
you will need to wait for the ferry to arrive, embarking, traveling
and disembarking i.e. 3 hours for the ferry ride in question. You may
well say "I'll plan my day so that I arrive at the scheduled departure
time", but then you won't be using gosmore.

Selecting "shortest" reveals that there is some problem with the
oneway service roads in that area, because reversing the route or
changing to bicycle or foot works.

--
The English channel ferry routes looks OK:
http://www.yournavigation.org/?flat=51.127581&flon=1.332441&tlat=50.966031&tlon=1.859529&v=foot&fast=0&layer=mapnik

The Channel Tunnel is tagged
    * tunnel: yes
    * railway: rail
    * name:nl: Kanaaltunnel
    * created_by: Potlatch 0.10c
    * maxspeed: 160
    * name: Channel Tunnel
    * tracks: 2
    * source: interpolation
    * layer: -4
Can we tag it with motorcar:yes foot:yes bicycle:yes ? That in itself
will not be enough, but the changes to gosmore will eventually follow.