[OSM-talk] mkgmap makes routable garmin maps

Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net
Sun Dec 7 17:57:16 GMT 2008

On Dec 7, 2008, at 17:39, Andy Street wrote:
> I had a go at producing a routable map for my local area but
> whenever I
> transfer it to my eTrex Vista HCX it always routes on the in-built
> basemap no matter what I try.

It seems you're doing everything right. The gmapsupp.img you generated
looks fine to me. Some routing data was generated, at least. Probably
the data we're writing is just wrong in your case.

One thing you could try is to run mkgmap with assertions and logging:

java -enableassertions -Dlog.config=resources/logging.properties -jar
mkgmap.jar

is what I use, but it's possible you need to be in the dist directory
for java to find the logging.properties file.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers
Robert