[OSM-talk] addressing

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 9 14:00:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

Matt Amos wrote:
> exactly - so why say that the nearest road with a particular name is
> the addressable road? better to indicate exactly which way is the
> addressing element and leave routing for the "via" elements.

No, not "indicate which way is the addressing element" (because the
object may even have a street name without the street existing in OSM) -
simply put the street name with the object and that's it. In my eyes,
the address is a name, not a pointer to an object that has "addressing
quality".

Bye
Frederik