[OSM-talk] addressing

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 14:57:43 GMT 2008

2008/12/8 SteveC <steve at asklater.com>

> Some notes on using Karlsruhe schema...
>
> "nodes on a way but not a relation" schema needs to have
> addr:street=foo on the addressing way ?
>
> addr:housename needs to be added, or addr:housenumber needs to be
> explicit that it can be a name, or made a more generic term to
> encompass both
>
> wiki pages for address, addressing, addresses needs to point to the
> schema
>
> needs a simple "how to do addressing in potlatch" video a-la the old
> ones I did, as if you ignore relations it is essentially trivial
>
> I'm happy to do all that to the wiki page, but just wondered if I'm
> totally off track on any of them?

I'd like to throw a quick question in here, now that this is being
discussed, and people with a much better idea of tagging and related issues
are reviewing the thread :)

I live in an area of London that has a massive number of residential tower
blocks, some having 10 flats, others having over 100.

What would be the best way of putting in these house numbers, so that they
can be mapped?

Linked are two examples where i've put address data in, so that if nothing
else it is stored, but it's not being drawn which is a pity, and problem
wouldn't be brought up on a search.

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.478197&lon=-0.110314&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF(you'll
need to view the data, as they buildings are not rendered).
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.53264&lon=-0.09008&zoom=17&layers=B000FTFT

I'd love to be able to put in the buildings and where possible easily map
the house number ranges.

Any idea's?