[OSM-talk] Status of Marikina, Philippine roads 20081215

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:26:17 GMT 2008

Hi,

If I haven't been mapping last weekend.  I might have declared mapping
of roads of Marikina City, Philippines to be completed already.

According to Official government stats, total length of road is 358 kms:

http://www.marikina.gov.ph/PAGES/utilities.htm
"Total Length of Road (including access road) : 358 kms.
Drainage and Sidewalk improvement :296 kms.
Cleared Sidewalk :700 km.
Bikeways Constructed :52 km.
Source:    City Engineer's Office/ Bikeways Office"

According to osm-length script, OSM roads alone are 480.03 km. already:
* residential 369.6
* secondary   47.4
* primary     42.2
* service     26.6
* cycleway    24.9
* footway     15.2
* unclassified 9.0
* tertiary     7.2
* primary_link 2.8
* trunk        1.8
* pedestrian   0.8
* track        0.7
* steps        0.6
* secondary_link 0.03
* TOTAL          548.9

Of course, the script does not distinguish dual-carriageways (or is
it).  But there's not much around here.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.64251&lon=121.11197&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

But as I said, my trip last weekend said it ain't complete yet:
http://openstreetbugs.appspot.com/?lon=121.10246897736305&lat=14.660761167901518&zoom=16

Not yet but soon enough.

--
cheers,