[OSM-talk] osm2go as yet another desktop tool?

Till Harbaum / Lists lists at harbaum.org
Mon Dec 15 20:04:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

osm2go is evolving faster than i expected and with first volunteers joining
development things progress even faster,

We recently implemented support for JOSMs elemstyle.xml file allowing us
to display everything very close to the josm style. However, things didn't stop
there and we have started to extend the format for e.g. dashed lines (next
will likely be some way to describe bridges as potlatch displays them).

Also Andrew wrote a mapnik like style which imho is the nicest style so far
and which has been selected to be the osm2go default style. See

http://www.harbaum.org/till/maemo/osm2go-0.6-7.jpg

So the question is: This has started as a mobile editor with focus on small
devices and ease of use. Do you think there's enough demand for yet another
desktop editor to also support binary distributions for desktop linux machines?

Till