[OSM-talk] SOTM09 - Hosts Announced

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:47:29 GMT 2008

Hello,

On behalf of the OSM-F, its great to be able to a announce that next year's
State of the Map conference will be held in Amsterdam.  The Amsterdam local
committee is Henk Hoff, Floris Looijesteijn and Arjan Spigt.  They put in a
great bid which includes an extra day (Friday 10th) of talks that will be
focussed on some of the emerging commercial uses of OSM.  The Saturday and
Sunday will take the winning formula of the last two years to deliver all of
your OSM excitement.  If you have requests or ideas, or want to help out
with organising, check out the wiki page -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2009/organisation

So, on the 10th, 11th, 12th July 2009, the centre of the mapping universe
will be Amsterdam.  Book your travel now.

I'd also like to thank everyone involved in the Gran Canaria and Trentino
bids - there were some really high quality applications and we spoilt for
choice.

See you all in Amsterdam.

Nick Black
nick at osmfoundation.org