[OSM-talk] osm2go as yet another desktop tool?

Till Harbaum lists at harbaum.org
Tue Dec 16 08:25:49 GMT 2008

Hi,

----- original Nachricht --------
> value. If you can manage to do both then do it, but I believe that if
> you aim too much at large-screen users then you may get all sorts of
> feature requests from that area which actually make the application
> worse (or, at least, more clumsy) for the small screen/mobile use, and
> that would be a pity.
I totally agree.

This is not meant to become the full-blown editor with all bells and
whistles. Indeed JOSM seems to fultfill these demands already.

As a desktop app i'd rather see this as a beginner tool. Something that
potlatch might be. I remember my first steps in osm land as they aren't
were long ago and i basically wanted to use potlatch as it seemed
an easy entry. The big show stopper with potlatch was that everything
is stored in the database immediately, so you are always afraid to
damage things. As long as you don't select "upload" osm2go is completely
safe for the main database.

Till