[OSM-talk] Disable Potlatch finally.

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Tue Dec 16 11:04:49 GMT 2008

2008/12/16 Gert Gremmen <g.gremmen at cetest.nl>

> - upload only on request, not after each and every
>  mouse click

I think this would be an improvement, especially if you could view a list of
changes that would be uploaded prior to upload... Though I'm sure others
would feel the opposite... Most of the 'potlatch errors' that I see seem to
be a result of someone clicking on things, possibly wanting to see what a
point is tagged as, but, accidentally moving it or accidentally creating a
node or way... I struggle to see a way that these sort of errors could be
prevented/reduced without making people make a conscious decision about
commiting changes and being able to see what changes they've made...

One thing though that I don't think anyone could argue against would be a
way to get help on all the key strokes etc from within Potlatch... Potlatch
is simple to use to draw features with, but most of it's additional features
seem to be hidden away with no easy way to find them from within Potlatch
itself...