[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Dec 17 09:47:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, December 17, 2008 03:22, maning sambale wrote:
>> Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6?
> May I request the coders (I'm a mapper not a coder ;).  To give us an
> overview of what will the API 0.6 will be all about?

Basically, you'll have to enter a brief description for every bunch of
edits (just as you have to do when you update a wikipedia page) that you
upload.

This should allow for easier change reviews, and much easier rollbacks.

Most read-only tools should work with little or no modification, and most
mappers won't even have to change their workflow (besides filling up a
textbox writing what the bunch of edits was about).

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.