[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Dec 17 15:01:01 GMT 2008

John McKerrell wrote:

> Try using the 'beforeunload' event, think this might work in IE.

(From memory, I haven't looked at this for a long while...)

It's not so much the JS that's the problem, it's the AS->JS communication.
Potlatch has to tell the JS whether or not there are unsaved changes.
Unfortunately if you use geturl("javascript:something_or_other") then IE
fires the you-clicked-on-a-link sound, and if you use fscommand it plain
doesn't work. Or at least I couldn't get it to do so.

cheers
Richard