[OSM-talk] caching of landsat/yahoo images

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Dec 17 15:04:25 GMT 2008

Roman Neumüller wrote:

> And: the same idea might apply for potlatch's flash/yahoo image data!
> Wouldn't it be nice to have already downloaded images cached ?!?

Potlatch just uses the Yahoo API, it doesn't really do any further
fiddling[1] as that would be outwith the ToS and I prefer to tread
carefully. If there's a way of doing it within the API, I'm all ears.

cheers
Richard

[1] There are two slight enhancements - at
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/editors/potlatch/world.as#L221
- to make sure the copyright notices are displayed properly and to make sure
tile request URLs remain correct throughout all scales. I figure fixing
Yahoo's bugs for them can't hurt ;)