[OSM-talk] Buildings and roads

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Dec 18 10:00:17 GMT 2008

On Thu, December 18, 2008 07:27, maning sambale wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Nathan Mixter <srmixter at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Wow, Naga City is full of buildings. How did they get so many? Are those
>> all building=yeses? Crazy.
>
> NAGA City GIS released their data in public domain.  We are still
> encouraging the City government do continue adding more data.

Well, there is still a lot of data to import (land use and boundaries
IIRC), but I was too lazy to program the conversion script to take into
account the OSM relationships needed to correctly tag the multipolygons
(polygons with holes). Ant I still don't know if they would be rendered
alright by both mapnik and or/p.

So many things in the back burner... :-(

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.