[OSM-talk] Collecting public transportation time tables

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 10:58:03 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:19:02PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Rather than try to centralize everything we know about the world into
> OSM, we would be better off figuring out how multiple databases can be
> tightly connected.

There’s the added bonus that when you make a project independent from
its data sources you get to use other sources more easily because you’ve
not tied it to a particular format.

I’m sure many would love OpenStreetMap to be _the_ source for free
(libre) geodata.  I would rather it be one of many.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall