[OSM-talk] OSM in top 100 websites

Donald Allwright donald_allwright at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 12:17:24 GMT 2008

>I like the comment for Where’s the Path:

>  “Let down by OS's absurd OpenSpace restrictions.”

....and if you try clicking on that site, you'll discover it's let down by what appears to be a restriction on the number of page hits imposed by OS. Presumably that limit has been reached today as a result of the guardian effect, a lesser-known sibling of the slashdot effect. I don't see how a site with such restrictions (admittedly imposed from outside the site itself) can belong in the top 100 list. :-)

Donald