[OSM-talk] Indiscrimate layering

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Dec 19 19:34:23 GMT 2008

An anonymous user has being changing all bridges without layer tags to
layer=1 in my area. I suspect this is a bot.

Because the continuity is better without changing layer along a road,
for streams I often set the stream to layer=-1, and leave the layer
alone and that is the case in many of these changes.

It looks like the change has been made blindly with no real reference to
  what the bridge is doing.

Humph. I'm going to change a lot of them back, but if this procedure is
run repeatedly this will be an edit war where I'm competing with an
anonymous robot.

(If this is your work - please stop it.)

David