[OSM-talk] Indiscrimate layering

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 08:46:53 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Sven Rautenberg <sven at rtbg.de> wrote:
> Please reconsider.
>
> I hate it when I see rivers, streams etc. illogically marked as
> layer=-1. There is no reason to do so, because a river usually is at the
> top of the surface, and that is "no layer" or "layer=0".

not so true everywhere: in mountain areas rivers are usually at the
bottom of valleys, and I've seen many small rivers covered and
practically brought underground in urban areas.

as a guideline, i usually mark the road +1 if it rises to become a
bridge, but 0 and the river -1 if the river is lower than the ground
where most of the road is

--
Elena of Valhalla

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org