[OSM-talk] Using GeoBase images for openlayers for OpenStreetMap and OpenAerialMap

andrew heggie list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 10:28:58 GMT 2008

On Friday 19 December 2008 23:11:47 Sam Vekemans wrote:
> I would suggest that what the project really needs is a way to upload
>   data to be processed by the OpenAerialMap server itself, rather than
>   depending on users to upload 'appropriate' data. This means developing
>   a processing queue to convert data from any available format to one
>   more suitable for use in OAM. The discussion of what is 'appopriate'
>   for OAM requires further discussion as well.

I thought I was clever enough to upload 17 aerial photos of my home town to
which I have paid for free use (copyright retained by the aerial photography
firm) but when it came to complications of georectification I stalled. So I
agree a bit more help would be useful except how many people have use of such
photos? Mine are 4MB jpegs and with overlap they cover about 5km by 5km.

Andrew Heggie