[OSM-talk] Indiscrimate layering

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:35:45 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Donald Allwright
<donald_allwright at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> His argument was that there may be places where you face legal trouble
>> for mapping and we need to allow these people to remain
>> unidentifiable.
>
> I think this is a valid argument, but can be resolved with a series of
> disposable account names.

Huhu, seems that "human rights of mapping" are more important that
e.g. "do not used licensed data".
Is that the aim of OSM to break local laws ? Or who decides which
local laws are acceptable for OSM and which are not ? I cannot accept
that all my contributions can be anonymously destroyed just because it
has to hypothetically preserve someone breaking local laws in China,
Egypt or Greenland.

The discussion about disabling anonymous edits occured in this ML the
Apr 7, Apr 12, May 7, Jul 31, Oct 4 only for this year !

anonymous users = anonymous vandalism

Moving to API0.6 would be a good time to stop this.

Pieren