[OSM-talk] Some more shops and amenities for the map features page ...

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:59:43 GMT 2008

Dermot McNally schrieb:
> 2008/12/20 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
>

> It's "doctors" that puzzles me. Why not "doctor"? I know that you are
> reporting reality here, but maybe we have a chance now to document a
> more consistent set of tags and perhaps the (possibly few) mappers
> already using "doctors" would be prepared to retag.
>
>> It seemed that for these values there were no real "rivals" with equal
>> meaning (maybe except for amenity=doctor used 160 times).
>
> That's a fair-sized minority. I wonder if the "doctors" camp contains
> a small number of prolific mappers.

You're remembering my discussions months ago about voting for tags to
get a good consistent tagging scheme?

You're also remembering some very prominent persons in this project
mentioned that voting is nuts and we should see what is really mapped
out there?

Well, I'm now exactly doing this.

Please tell the prominent persons in this project that the mappers out
there are not able to find a consistent tagging scheme - (BTW: exactly
what I was predicting).

You can start a vote on changing anything - or whatever seems
appropriate to change the current situation. In fact I also think that
doctors is a bit insane here.

But actually I no longer really take care about discussing a consistent
tagging scheme ...

Regards, ULFL