[OSM-talk] I've added some amenity values to "Map Features" based on tag usage

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Sat Dec 20 19:55:16 GMT 2008

A late reply, triggered by some mapping today and the discussion
about new shops/amenities.

Dave wrote:

> They're bins. In England at least you'd talk about rubbish bins
> (1),
> or just bins (12), but I don't think we've really paid much
> attention
> to mapping them.

I hadn't tagged bins previously, but I spent an hour walking around
a nature reserve today, and had a quick look at a recreation ground
I hope to get to soon. From that I've so far used
amenity=dog_bin
and plan on using
amenity=litter_bin
when I get around to adding those (to distinguish one from the
other).

They probably won't get rendered, but at least they'll be marked,
and perhaps at some point I can update them to something better.

Ed