[OSM-talk] Indiscrimate layering

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:16:55 GMT 2008

Doesn't layer=-1 mean that something should be 'below' the landuse
polygons when rendering?  So if you have a river at level=-1 on a
landuse=farm, then you will never see the river because it's under the
(default layer=0) ground.

In fact, I'm surprised the robot didn't automatically add a tunnel=yes
to the rivers that were tagged layer=-1...  (which would probably be
valid for those cases where a stream just goes through a pipe to get
under the road - that could hardly be described as 'a bridge')