[OSM-talk] I've added some amenity values to "Map Features" based on tag usage

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 18:16:48 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:44:56AM -0000, Ed Loach wrote:
> I wrote:
> > From that I've so far used
> > amenity=dog_bin
>
> d replied:
> > I don't like the sound of that one... Is it for dogs to
> > use or where you put your used dogs? :/
>
> I'm not sure whether this is tongue in cheek, or where you are, but in the UK

You might have a paper bin, or more correctly a waste paper bin.  This
is a container (bin) where you put paper (or waste paper).

It follows that a dog bin must be a container where you put dogs.

I think you want “dog waste bin”, since it is the dog’s waste that gets
put into it.  Whether that’s what they’re commonly called is a different
matter.

Simon (also from the UK, BTW)
simple system that works.—John Gall