[OSM-talk] [Talk-GB] Advice please?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Dec 22 17:24:04 GMT 2008

On 22/12/2008 17:11, Ed Loach wrote:
> But how do you make them look rectangular/square/etc?

  I was wondering whether I could perhaps download the area in JOSM and
> use the orthogonalize menu option (or however it is spelled) on each way
> as I believe that is to do something along those lines. I did try it
> somewhere recently for something else, though I forget what, and it
> warned me that my projection method might lead to inaccuracies and
> prompts me to change it. I’m using whatever the default JOSM projection
> is, and don’t understand the choices offered.

You can get rectangular(*) shapes in JOSM using the extrude mode with
you projections set to Marcator (which is much the best projection to
work in anyway or things look squished vertically, and is what Potlatch
is using).

David

(*) though what is rectangular in one projection is not necessarily in
another.