[OSM-talk] State of the Map domain... Have we lost it?

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 15:46:45 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 03:38:16PM +0000, Peter Miller wrote:
> Have we lost the State of the Map Domain recently?
>
> Google still quotes OSM content for the URL, but the URL itself now
> points to a link farm!
> http://www.stateofthemap.org/

I guess we did, then someone realised.  Extracts from whois
stateofthemap.org:

    Domain Name:STATEOFTHEMAP.ORG
    Created On:20-Nov-2006 13:40:10 UTC
    Last Updated On:23-Dec-2008 17:13:33 UTC
    Expiration Date:20-Nov-2010 13:40:10 UTC

    Registrant ID:GODA-057234937
    Registrant Name:Etienne Cherdlu
    Registrant Organization:OpenStreetMap Foundation

Note the Last Updated date.
simple system that works.—John Gall