[OSM-talk] Stills from our new animation available now - full animation due out 31st Dec!

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Dec 24 17:54:39 GMT 2008

At ITO we have been getting the message from various places that still
images just aren't good enough these days! So... we will be publishing
a new 90 second animation 'OSM 2008 - A Year of Edits' on Dec 31st
2008 - and just for fun we will be releasing it at midnight Australia
time as the fireworks go up over the Sydney Opera house!

Check out some some stills from the animation on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itoworld/sets/72157611530140069/

We will publish the full 58 meg animation for viewing and download
from our vimeo site on the 31st Dec:
http://www.vimeo.com/itoworld

We will publish another image on boxing day which will also be Image
of the Week the following day.

Hal Bertram, who is CTO at ITO and who also wrote OSM Mapper has a
background in film special effects and he intends to have lots of fun
with OSM data and special effects software in 2009. Check out some of
the other things Hal has been doing over the past few years:
http://www.halbertram.com/about.html

Regards,

Peter
ITO World Ltd