[OSM-talk] google wms

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 23:52:46 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 01:22:22AM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > A possible consideration for a future API is to move the check there:
> > JOSM uploads, and indicates what data sources were used in the editing
> > session.  Server checks, sees GoogleWMS, replies “I’m sorry Dave, I’m
> > afraid I can’t do that.”
>
> And slap some control freak crypto onto that so that nobody can
> circumvent it?

And you missed the point of it in almost exactly the same way Pieren
did.  I never mentioned application signing or anything else like that.
Trying to prevent people from circumventing such a measure is going to
be extremely futile.  I suggest you read my other reply before spouting
off again.

Merry Christmas,
Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall