[OSM-talk] golf question

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Dec 27 07:09:42 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am developing what in golfing terms is known as a stroke saver. This is a
map of a golf course where the distances between various points are marked.
The points may be significant rocks, trees, palm trees, yardage markers,
sprinkler heads ... since these tags are specific to golf, I would not expect
the regular renderers to ever render these. However the tags would be in the
OSM database and rendered by a dedicated server. I would like some feedback
on how to make these tags. I was thinking of something like this:

golf=marker
marker=tree/palm/rock/yardage/sprinkler etc
description=some description

Using this I expect to generate an svg image on which the lines can be drawn
to show distances from given markers to other markers.

Or could these lines be ways?
golf=yardage
distance=n

any comments would be appreciated.