[OSM-talk] namefinder problems

Roman Neumüller r.neumuller at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 04:58:12 GMT 2008

I just wonder what the problems with the namefinder are.
Isn't it only ruby querying a database?
It should not make that much problems as it should only return some text
back...
Is it gazetteer.openstreetmap.org which has sometimes problems?

Another thing is that query results of both gazeteer *and* geonames should
be
shown asynchron - I mean results should not have to wait for each other but
rather show up independent from each other so that which ever comes first
can be already listed in the "Search Results" bar.

And: are there any statistics about how often the namefinder is being used
per day/week/month?

Roman