[OSM-talk] rotating icons or 2D icons

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Dec 30 12:00:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

apologies - golf again ;-) I made a bunch of icons for marking points of
interest on a golf course - tree, palmtree, yardage marker etc. The trees
have a trunk and leaves, the yardage marker looks like a milestone. Looks
cool as long as the direction of play is towards the north. But if I want
hole by hole maps, the golfer wants to look at the map from where he is with
the destination at the top. So I make an image of the hole to be traversed
and rotate it - result: the yardage markers are facing the wrong way, the
trees are upside down ... I could of course generate an svg file and manually
rotate all the icons. Or make 2D icons - but even then, all icons with text
on them would be upside down or at crazy angles on holes that do not face
north. Icons without text would be ok as long as they are symmetrical. Any
ideas? suggestions?
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves