[OSM-talk] Where have all the contributors gone?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:07:55 GMT 2008

I guess you're right, Lucas. South Africa does not need the TLC that
Manning talks about.

Consider that street level maps are usually produced by government
agencies. And that most African governments simply do not have the
skills. So if we map these cities, it may actually improve tourism,
city planning, logistics, property rights, emergency response, civil
engineering etc.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Yahoo%21_Aerial_Imagery/Coverage