[OSM-talk] Template:<Key> and Template:<Tag> pages in OSM-Wiki

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Sun Feb 3 22:00:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

First off, I must admit that I don't really understand the specifics of
Mediawiki templates ;-)

To simplify the http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tr:Map_Features
I created a http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tr:Key:shop that
uses the template appopiate template, and replaced the table in
Tr:Map_Features with a reference to Tr:Key:shop .

My problem is that the template only shows "official" values for the
shop key, but there might be more tags that are used only locally. Could
the template render those additional tags after the "official" list,
perhaps with a divider row between the official and unofficial /
deprecated ones? That way, the <Language>:Map_Features pages could
really turn into a list of template references.

The other thing I don't really understand are the pages for
Tag:<key>=<value>. Do I assume correctly that those pages are only
necessary if a certain value is complicated enough that it deserves its
own explication?

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.