[OSM-talk] Can Mediawiki notify by mail?

Martin Trautmann traut at gmx.de
Mon Feb 4 07:35:45 GMT 2008

Ray Booysen wrote:
>> I was just adding the template pages I use to my watchlist. Can
>> Mediawiki notify me with a mail if a certain (a template or even group
>> of templates, like Template:Map_Features_*) changes? I'd rather not
>> check my watchlist manually, computers are far better suited for
>> automatically providing information to humans ;-)
>>

> Its something I've been wanting from Wikipedia for a while too.

As I understand, it's a feature which is included already within the
MediaWiki, but which does require an activation.

A quick search showed that it is available e.g. as one of the Extensions:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Email_notification

->
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings#Email_notification_.28Enotif.29_settings

It's available, but disabled.