[OSM-talk] Flash player's own zoom tool fails with Potlatch 0.7

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Feb 4 09:53:14 GMT 2008

Richard Fairhurst <richard <at> systemeD.net> writes:

> Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>
> > Vectors and imagery do not match any more.  Only way to make them
> > match is to close the editor and start from the beginning again and
> > avoid using the right click zoom.  This feature has worked fine
> > until yesterday. I have found it very useful and I would like to
> > see it coming back sometime.
>
> Unfortunately this appears to be a known bug with Flash Player when a
> SWF fills 100% of a div, as Potlatch now does (rather than being
> fixed-size).
>
> Hopefully Adobe will fix it but we're also planning to approach Yahoo
> and ask them if they could perhaps scale up their imagery rather than
> reporting "no imagery available".
>
> Until then, you can realign the imagery by holding down Space and
> dragging it. Or I'm open to any other ideas, of course!

Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately manual realigning is impossible if
you are considering to work on a totally new area and perhaps inaccurate and
error prone even if there are some earlier mapped features.  I think I am going
to stop using this extra zoom until it will be fixed or made unnecessary by
scaling up the Yahoo imagery.

-Jukka-