[OSM-talk] Crazy ways after editing

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:06:48 GMT 2008

David Muir Sharnoff wrote:
>Sent: 05 February 2008 6:46 PM
>To: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [OSM-talk] Crazy ways after editing
>
>The area of Oakland, California I've been editing
>(with Potlatch) suddenly changed in a very bad way.
>
>There are a whole bunch of ways (at least 50,
>perhaps a lot more) that have had one or more
>of their points move several miles south-east.
>
>A major street, Park Ave, seems to have
>disappeared entirely.   Or, at least, I can't find
>it any more.
>
>Edit at this location to see:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=37.81886&lon=-
>122.21229&zoom=16&layers=B0FT
>
>Some example ways that are messed up:
>6403309, Saint James Dr.
>6380125, Somerset Rd
>6365079, Pershing Dr
>6391271, Indian Rd
>6381464, Hampton Rd
>6374990, Excelsior Ave
>6359191, E 33rd St
>6390297, Everett Ave
>
>Does anyone have any idea what happened
>or how to fix it?

Yikes, that looks nasty.

It looks like you have managed to slide the missing way across in the editor
view and then end up deleting the way that all those nodes were attached to.
You should be able to revert the way in Potlatch and you can get the
original positions from the history of each moved node.

eg http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/node/53018116/history

Cheers

Andy